Friday, November 9, 2018

Oh What Fun Layout for The Joyful Hearts November Blog Hop




 Hello and welcome to the Joyful Stars November Blog Hop.  If you have come from Michelle's Blog then you are on the right track.  If you get lost along the way, you can find a complete list of participants on Joyce's Blog.  Today I have a scrapbook page made using the Oh What Fun (X7238B) paper pack.  The papers are so bright and colorful!  The base pages are Glacier cardstock - I wanted it to look like a snowy sky.

Then, I cut snowflake stencils on my Explore Cricut machine using the new Stencil Sheets (Z4244). After taping them down with washi tape, I applied the new Texture Paste (Z4245) using the Palette Knives (Z4247).  This was my first attempt and you can see that the paste is not very thick in some places.  The next time, I will make it a bit thicker and add glitter to the paste so the snowflakes would sparkle.   Overall, the texture paste gives the pages some dimension.  The accents for journaling on the left page were stamped using  D1786 Quotable Words.

This photo shows a close up of some of the snowflakes.



The right page also has a flip flap and incorporates one of the Picture My Life cards included in the paper packet.  The banner and mittens are from the Artistry Cricut Collection.  There are also a few snowflakes for embellishment that were cut using White Glitter Paper.

I would like to wish you  a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!
Now it is time to hop on over to Joyce Gough's Blog to see her fabulous creation.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I actually like the fact that the paste is thinner is some places because it gives depth of perspective. The mittens are just too cute, so I will need to make those for my own pages. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! I love all the snowflakes made with the texture paste. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Betty!! I was going to say exactly what your title says - "Oh What FUN!" :) Love this layout & that you used texture paste too!! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your winter layout! Great use of the extra flip flap panel.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete