Friday, December 9, 2016

Joyful Stars December Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the Joyful Stars December Blog Hop.  I'm so glad that you are able to join us. If you have arrived from Tracey Pierce's Blog, then you are on the right track.  It is a circular hop so you can start anywhere and you will know you have seen every blog when you arrive at the blog you saw first.  Joyce has a list of participants HERE if you need help. 
 As soon as I saw the Oh, Deer paper, I could not wait to use it to make Christmas cards.  The first two cards were inspired by cards I made last week at a meeting using products from the soon to be released Seasonal Expressions.  I liked the way the tab shape was used for the sentiment.  The first card uses a Kraft cardstock base while the second uses the Seaglass cardstock as a base. 

  The Seaglass color was a bit brighter than I wanted so I used the Shimmer Brush like watercolor and brushed it directly on the cardstock.  Unfortunately, it does not show up in the photo!   We used the same technique the card we made last week.    I can not show you the cards using the new products yet.  However, be sure to stop back in January and I will post them for you.

The last card uses the Seaglass cardstock embossed with the Snowflake Embossing folder for texture.  It was then sanded to reveal the white core so the snowflakes are white.  The large snowflake was cut in White Glitter Paper with the Thin Cut Snowflake die cut.

Now it is time to hop on over to my friend Krista's Blog.  I'm sure you are going to love what she has created for us this month.
Pin It!

3 comments: