Sunday, May 22, 2016

Color Dare 194 Watercolor Card for Dad


After checking out the color challenge this week, I decided the colors Sapphire, Pacifica, Crystal Blue, White and Black would be perfect to make some masculine cards.  My card stash for guys is just about empty so I need to get creating some to have on hand.  I decided to use a background image from Artistry.  It is on page 7 and I think it was cut at 3 1/4" using Black Cardstock.  I cut off a few triangles to make a more varied shape rather than a square.  The background of the card is Watercolor Paper painted with three blue colors from Z3132 Watercolor Paints that are very close to the challenge colors.  For a bit more depth and dimension in the background, I stamped D1660 Ink Blot using Sapphire Ink.  The sentiment is from C1633 For Family and the DAD is stamped using B1484 Jennifer's Hand both in Sapphire Ink. One done and about 10 to go - I better get stamping...


 Hop on over to the Color Dare Blog for some more great inspiration!


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful masculine card! I love the added triangles. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with cutting away some of the die-cut, and love the stamped ink flair background. Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Color Dare and hope you join us again this coming Thursday for another great color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The triangle overlay is a really nice masculine tough over the watercolor. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card! Love the watercolour background with the ink blot stamp. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Betty! I love how you tweaked the overlay to create a new focal image. Thanks for sharing this wonderful masculine card with us at the Color Dare blog this week--hope you can join us again soon.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete